Julian's Primary School Governing Body
Governing Body Equality Objectives
Achievement and Attainment: To ensure that all pupils make progress including vulnerable groups and to narrow (and close) the gaps between groups. Specifically, the school has a relentless focus on narrowing the gaps between children eligible for the Pupil Premium and those who aren’t, between children who speak English as an additional language and those who don’t and raising the attainment of children with Special Educational Needs.
The School Community: To ensure that the school is open to the whole community. Specifically, we will focus on ensuring that all parents and carers are encouraged to be involved in their child’s learning and in the life of the school, and that diversity and inclusion are considered in all that the governing body does, including when recruiting new governors.
Julian's Governing Body strategic priorities for 2014-2017
The priority of the Governing Body of Julian's Primary School for the three years 2014-17 will be to effectively manage the transition and ensure excellence throughout the expanding school.
To deliver this the Governing Body will focus on:
- Excellent achievement - standards and progress throughout the school, including at Early Years Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. Particularly ensuring that gaps are closed for more vulnerable children
- Excellent teaching - all teaching to be good or better, with an increasing proportion outstanding
- A high quality, creative curriculum - adapt the new curriculum to Julian's creative ethos and offer children challenging opportunities that support them to become creative, responsible citizens
- Distributed leadership within the school - maintain and develop Investors in People status, develop leadership at all levels including Newly Qualified Teachers to middle leadership and middle leaders to senior leadership
- Good financial management - ensure stability of provision across two sites as the school develops, including scenario planning / risk management to manage likely changes to school funding in the future
- An inclusive ethos for all - ensure all children reach their potential, behave well and feel safe. Particularly focus on provision for children with Special Educational Needs. Ensure parents and carers from all backgrounds are included in school life
- Inegration between two school sites - focus on maintaining the Julian's ethos and standards across both sites
Questions about the governing body should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org